Thursday, May 25, 2006

Getting back on the bike

Rewind back ten years and I was a snotty nosed 15 year old with no other mode of transport than my good old bargain bin bike from Halfords. Jump forward a year, add to the mix a part-time job and a newly formed "Mountain Biking Club" at school to get me out of Cross Country Running... and hey presto... I was the proud owner of a '97 Model Kona Cinder Cone.

Pause here to bow down to the wisdom and might of the Kona Cinder Cone...

After a few years of half serious riding and trying to learn some neat tricks I was suddenly yanked off my saddle by a nasty fall whilst trying to jump off a brick wall. Doctors advice, yadda yadda yadda... and the Kona gets locked away and replaced by my first car.

7 or so years on and I'm back! Head's all healed, novalty of a car has long since worn off, and I now have some money laying around to splash out on bike bits... unfortunately the Kona has not had such an easy timeout.

During my absence its been fought over by my younger siblings and used for all sorts of random mundane A to B tasks. Worst of all its been left in the rain, abandoned, and fiddled around with to the extent that it needs some serious therapy.

This, ladies and gents, is the starting point of my blog. A decrepit 9 year old bike that I just can't bear to part with or cheat on with another frame. Me thinks its time for some overhauling action!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home