Thursday, May 25, 2006

Rub a dub dub

As the avid bikeblurb reader may have noticed by the rapid succession of posts since the creation of this blog, some of the bike refurb stuff has already been done. I'm gunna keep posting it all in separate posts until the blog catches up with real-time - all in individual posts to denote the way in which I progressed through it all.

Anyway - back on post topic.... with the combined effort of paint stripper and a bit of sanding I managed to get the frame all rubbed down. As I mentioned earlier, all the rust was superficial but I wanted to rub it all down just to be sure. I've uploaded a photo of the job half done just to prove I'm actually doing it!


I must admit it was a bit depressing taking a sander to my beloved frame... but I just had to think of all the nice things I was going to buy for it - and that cheered me up a bit. (oh and yes I do realise that the headset cups and bottom bracket are still on in this picture - its because I was impatient whilst waiting to get my hands on the necessary tools to remover them!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home