Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Disaster Strikes!

Bugger. Whilst sitting in the shed my newly painted frame has somehow fallen over... and in the process has scratched and chipped a little. The problem is that it has chipped/flaked off right to the bare metal.

Bugger bugger bugger.

I'm now in somewhat of a quandary - if this has happened so easily then it doesn't fill me with confidence that this paint job will last past the first week of use. In which case I have five options open to me:

  1. Ignore it and hope it doesn't happen again
  2. Try and touch up the paint
  3. Strip the whole thing again and respray it - this time giving better coats
  4. Send it off to the pro's to get it powder coated
  5. Give up and buy a new (Kona!!) frame.

I must say that I'm sorely tempted by the last option... but then I would have given up on the original dream of fixing up the old Cinder Cone. However, I have to take into account that powder coating is likely to cost around £80 - £100 + preparation costs. For £230 I can get myself a brand new 2005 Kona Cowan frame... or I can get a used full suspension Kona frame off of eBay for about the same price....

Anyone got any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home