Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A sad day

Well - following yesterday's discovery that the paint job on the Cinder Cone is not very resistant to scratching and chipping, I have done something drastic.

I've bought a new frame.

Its ok though - its a Kona, but not a Cinder Cone. Its a 2005 Kona Blast frame that I managed to get from my local dealer - iBikes in Crowthorne. This is not a standalone frame available from Kona - normally it comes as a prebuilt bike package. I know that the Blast usually sells for a few hundred quid cheaper than the Cinder Cone... but I think that this is mainly due to the specs of the components, not the frame.

I think I was slightly overcharged for the frame though (£150)... its obviously off an old bike as it not sold separately - but it does look unused (mostly). On the up side I did manage to get them to fit a headset (FSA Pig) and the forks for free!

Oh well - so ends the dream of renovating the old Cinder Cone frame! If there is anyone out there who wants it for a project then give me a shout as I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangementt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home